Birth Better Classes
Feel strong, confident and prepared for the birth of your baby.
With so much conflicting advice about what it’s like to go through childbirth, it can feel almost impossible to decide what would be best for you.
Empower yourself with concrete, evidence-based information. In our Birth Better classes, you get access to manageable and practical teaching that you can easily apply to your own unique situation.
Take a Birth Better class to:
- Learn your individual pelvic anatomy and how to stay strong safely during pregnancy.
- Prepare your body for birth, including how to lower your risk of perineal tears/injury.
- Learn the best birth positions to shorten your labour, how to push, as well as methods for natural pain relief
- Gain real hands-on experience in the way of tricks and comfort techniques to lower your pain intensity.
You CAN do this!
Birth Better Classes are for everyone:
- You’re a first-time parent
- You’re interested in natural childbirth
- You’re planning a Vaginal Birth After Caesarean a.k.a. VBAC
- Anyone who simply wants the skills to facilitate a better birth
Put your health first and prepare yourself well for the amazing journey into motherhood!
Take the classes online in the comfort of your own home (or wherever you want!) to suit your schedule. This option includes 4 lessons, each taught by video, which are then supplemented with additional instructional teaching videos for you to learn and practice from.
Group classes are offered as one 5-hr session. Partners are invited to come along and learn hands-on skills, and lots of tools and tricks to help a birthing mama. Small class sizes allow for lots of hands-on practice time and great opportunities for feedback.
Cost is $150 per couple AND gives you access to the online course as well!
Group classes are now ON HOLD due to COVID-19.
1-on-1 sessions are available for both the birthing person and her partner. In this format 1-2 sessions are spent individually with mom, and another 1-2 follow-up visits include your birth partner. Private sessions provide a wonderful opportunity for specific feedback, and individualized tips for your body.
BONUS: 1-on-1 sessions have the added benefit of being covered as physiotherapy by most benefit plans. Standard physiotherapy rates apply.
We are excited to announce that 1-on-1 birth sessions ARE BACK! Michelle Friesen and Mandy Rempfer-Kuncio are excited to be offering this service.